It’s refreshing and perfect for these over-heated summer days! Try Cannabis Infused Lemonade – easy to make at home!
There are many different ways to effectively making lemon juice. And in turn, create the best Lemonade for the summer. Whether you make it from scratch or use store-bought lemonade, this recipe is perfect to quench your thirst and ease your pain. With the added benefit of Super Lemon Haze, this lemonade will heighten your energy and sense. So grab some lemons and your favorite lemon based strain and get to drinkin’!
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine
- 2 grams cannabis, grinded
- 1 saucepan
- 1 jar/closed container (i.e. Mason jar)
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Add water to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Add in the sugar making sure it dissolves.
- Next, add in the ground cannabis for the decarboxylation process. This will allow the THC to become active.
- Bring to a low boil and continue to stir for 20 minutes. Then let the cannabis dissolve into the sugar wan water mixture.
- Reduce the heat down to a low simmer and add the vegetable glycerine in. Let this simmer for roughly 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool.
- While this cools, prepare the strainer and mason jar.
- Stretch the cheesecloth over the jar open, wrap a rubber band and hold in place.
- Carefully pour the cannabis syrup through the cheesecloth scrapping the leaves into a bowl.
- Then, continue this until all the liquid is removed from the leaves. Squeezing the mixture may help.
- Let this cool and then add to your favorite drinks or dressings.
CANNABIS INFUSED LEMONADE
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups of lemon juice (or 8-10 lemons)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 Teaspoons of infused canna syrup or tincture
- Pinch of salt (optional)
How To Make
- Start off by squeezing your lemons and adding some water to it. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add in your cup of sugar to even out the bitter and sour taste of the freshly squeezed lemons. This much sugar may not be necessary if you are creating this recipe with already store-bought lemonade. These juices already include the necessary amount of sugar.
- Then add in the mixture from your canna syrup or use a cannabis tincture. This will create the infusion.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix or blend again thoroughly.
What Strain to Use
Super Lemon Haze: Lemon Skunk x Super Silver Haze
Super Lemon Haze is an award-winning medical strain. This haze is a Washington original, grown by two local cultivators Olupia Mike and A Green Cure. This sativa has a very euphoric and electric high making it perfect for daytime use. The medical effects are never-ending with strain making it popular amongst users. In fact, this strain took home first place in the Medical Sativa category at the 2014 Seattle Cannabis Cup.
Furthermore, this blend of Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze creates an 80:20 ratio allowing for feelings of happiness and arousal to take over. In addition, this heady buzz eases stress, battles depression and helps elevates anxiety. What makes it so special is its peppy qualities that patients claim help with pain and fatigue. With the indica base, it still maintains as a very potent strain.
Given the name, it comes to no surprise that Super Lemon Haze has a tart and zesty lemon flavor. The aromas are like a sweet lemon candy mixed with an earthy and herbal undertone. The bud is speckled green-and-brown in appearance covered with a dense layer of resinous trichomes, making it perfect for adding to lemonade.
THC: 20-25%, CBD: 0.03-0.2%, CBN: 0.1-0.4%